Be Informed and Stay Safe from Asbestos Exposure with the Following Facts in Mind
Asbestos is a category of heat-resistant material that were used ages ago in America during construction works. The exposure to asbestos has been linked to all manner of serious and life-threatening medical conditions, thanks to the fibrous and heat-resistant nature of asbestos. It is estimated that over 2 million tons of asbestos are consumed, albeit unknowingly, throughout the world. This of course, poses all manner of dangers, and here are some of the insane facts you have to know when it comes to asbestos.
The first fact you ought to be aware of when it comes to these harmful ingredients is that they can be found pretty much anywhere. First off, asbestos are present in the moving air that you breath, the soil where crops and vegetation grow as well as in the water. And then we have the asbestos particles that will be found in heaps of wastes, mines, and factories. Further to that, it is worth mentioning the most common way you get exposed to asbestos is through the air. It is no wonder you need to do thorough asbestos testing to ensure you are not exposed to these harmful particles.
Asbestos exposure has been documented as a major cause of the toes and fingers clubbing. Toes and fingers clubbing is a serious medical condition through which the skin under the fingernails thickens and hardens. It is attributed to inefficient supply of oxygen in the blood and as a result the fingers and toes will appear club-like, bulbous and deformed. This is always a wake-up call to make haste and seek urgent medical attention should you notice any of the said signs as it could be a sign of exposure to asbestos. As you continue to research more on asbestos, you will discover that continuous exposure to the same can lead to cancer. While more research is needed to conclude on this topic, note that exposure to asbestos can lead to the deadly mesothelioma. Unfortunately, it may take quite a long time for the cancer signs and symptoms to start to show up.
A website that documents more on asbestos should mention that this rare building and construction material cannot be broken down into any other chemical. What this means is that asbestos can never be metabolized meaning they cannot also be absorbed in your body. Now you understand why some signs and symptoms may start to show their ugly face sometimes even after 50 years of exposure. With this info. at hand, no doubt you will make informed choices to keep yourself and your loved ones safe from asbestos exposure.